Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Pentagon Considers Site Near Rangeley for Missile Facility
- Maine Teen Seeks to Honor Dogs Who Died Defending the Nation
- State Scrambles to Save Old Town Pulp Mill, 200 Jobs
- Maine Town Flips Switch on Municipally-Owned Ultra-Fast Internet Service
- Long Waits for Maine DHHS Services Blamed on Staff Shortages, Department Overhaul
Ed is a Maine native who spent his early childhood in Livermore Falls before moving to Farmington. He graduated from Mount Blue High School in 1970 before going to the University of Maine at Orono where he received his B.A. in speech in 1974 with a broadcast concentration. It was during that time that he first became involved with Public Broadcasting. He served as an intern for what was then called MPBN TV and also did volunteer work for MPBN Radio.
After doing post-graduate work at Catholic University in Washington, D.C., Ed took a full time job with the Maine Public Broadcasting Network in 1979 and has been with the company ever since. Ed works primarily as a news producer although over the years he has produced a number of TV arts and public affairs programs as well as many radio arts and music programs. For many years Ed was the principal producer of Maine Stage. These days he is heard primarily as producer of Midday as well as Maine Things Considered newscast producer.
Ed counts among his passions music, sports and family, not necessarily in that order. He sort of plays piano and guitar and has done a good deal of singing. He is an enthusiastic figure skater.
Ed and his wife live in Portland and have four grown boys.