Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Maine Teen Seeks to Honor Dogs Who Died Defending the Nation
- State Scrambles to Save Old Town Pulp Mill, 200 Jobs
- Maine Gov Clashes With Attorney General Over Pay Increases, AG's Role
- Pentagon Considers Site Near Rangeley for Missile Facility
- Long Waits for Maine DHHS Services Blamed on Staff Shortages, Department Overhaul
Jennifer Mitchell studied Music, English and Anthropology at Oberlin College and Conservatory in Ohio. She has worked as News Director for Peninsula Public Radio in Homer, Alaska, and served as news producer in Bangor for Maine Public Radio in 2004. Most recently, she spent four years working in South Africa as a producer, as well as classical music presenter in Cape Town.
Jennifer is a fan of open source computing, and music of all types, including old Victrola tunes, Jazz, Folk, World, Goth and Metal. When not on the air, she can be found researching 19th century social history. Her idea of a good time is several hours in a dank basement looking at old patent applications, newspaper archives, and original recipes for intriguing Victorian delights such as sheep's head soup and shadow potatoes.