Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Online Hate Site Attracting Relatively High Proportion of Mainers
- Don't Fire The Comcast Guy, Says Caller Who Tried To Cancel
Journalist Mal Leary spearheads the Maine Capitol Connection project and serves as the Managing Editor and Director of the initiative.
Mal Leary has been a journalist throughout his life, working in both Washington D.C. and in Maine as both a reporter and editor. He has won numerous awards for his reporting, both in broadcast and in print and currently reports on state government issues in Maine on radio throughout the state and in several state newspapers. He owned and operated Capitol News Service, which was located in the State House complex.
Mal has been a long time member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors. He is the SPJ Sunshine Chair in Maine and is currently the president of the Maine Freedom of Information Coalition and is a director of NFOIC. Mal is married with three grown children, several grandchildren and lives in Augusta, within sight of the Capitol dome.