Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- For Maine's Island-Dwelling Pets, a Floating Vet Clinic
- Ticked Off: Maine Lab Tracks Growing Impact of Disease-Carrying Pests
- Michaud Unveils Plan to Boost Maine Agriculture and Fishing
- Nova Scotia Seeking Money for Nova Star
- Maine Hotels Facing Stiff Competition from Online Private Vacation Rentals
Journalist Mal Leary spearheads the Maine Capitol Connection project and serves as the Managing Editor and Director of the initiative.
Mal Leary has been a journalist throughout his life, working in both Washington D.C. and in Maine as both a reporter and editor. He has won numerous awards for his reporting, both in broadcast and in print and currently reports on state government issues in Maine on radio throughout the state and in several state newspapers. He owned and operated Capitol News Service, which was located in the State House complex.
Mal has been a long time member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors. He is the SPJ Sunshine Chair in Maine and is currently the president of the Maine Freedom of Information Coalition and is a director of NFOIC. Mal is married with three grown children, several grandchildren and lives in Augusta, within sight of the Capitol dome.