Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Group Sues over Maine Wildlife Department's Role in Bear Hunting Campaign
- Maine GOP Chair: News Release Headline 'Inappropriate'
- Maine Gov. LePage Does an About-Face on Debates
- Portland's Famed Kotzschmar Organ Sings Again after $2.5 Million Restoration
- A Portland Sculptor Talks Art on Sex Lines in New Exhibit
Journalist Mal Leary spearheads the Maine Capitol Connection project and serves as the Managing Editor and Director of the initiative.
Mal Leary has been a journalist throughout his life, working in both Washington D.C. and in Maine as both a reporter and editor. He has won numerous awards for his reporting, both in broadcast and in print and currently reports on state government issues in Maine on radio throughout the state and in several state newspapers. He owned and operated Capitol News Service, which was located in the State House complex.
Mal has been a long time member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors. He is the SPJ Sunshine Chair in Maine and is currently the president of the Maine Freedom of Information Coalition and is a director of NFOIC. Mal is married with three grown children, several grandchildren and lives in Augusta, within sight of the Capitol dome.