Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- For Maine's Island-Dwelling Pets, a Floating Vet Clinic
- Maine Gov Clashes With Attorney General Over Pay Increases, AG's Role
- Long Waits for Maine DHHS Services Blamed on Staff Shortages, Department Overhaul
- Maine Teen Seeks to Honor Dogs Who Died Defending the Nation
- Maine Hotels Facing Stiff Competition from Online Private Vacation Rentals
Susan is the deputy news director who handles assignments and planning by the news staff. She's also a general assignment reporter who began her career at MPBN working at the State House in 1992. Since then she has covered major political and environmental stories, winning national awards for her beat reporting twice from the Society for Environmental Journalists. Her coverage of labor issues, including an investigative series on independent contractors, has also been recognized by the Public Radio News Directors, Inc and by the Associated Press. Susan is a graduate of the University of Montana where she got her first job in public radio news while still a student. She has also worked at television stations in Montana and Maine.