Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Maine Maritime Academy: Not Your Typical Four-Year College
- Maine U.S. Senate Candidates at Odds Over 'Citizens United' Decision
- Crushing Death of Hope Elephants Founder Leaves Community in Shock
- Maine Veterinarian Dies after being Accidentally Crushed by Elephant
- Elephants at Maine Sanctuary to be Returned to Oklahoma
That very British voice you've begun hearing on Maine Things Considered belongs to our newest reporter, Tom Porter, who comes to us after a prior stint as a reporter at WVTF-FM, a public radio station in Roanoke, Virgina.
A native of Birmingham, England, Tom comes from a family of British journalists. He worked for nearly eight years at Bloomberg Television and Radio in London as a reporter and news producer. He is also trained jazz pianist. Tom has a bachelor's degree from the University of London and a master's degree from Kings College in London.
Tom has a strong background in environmental reporting, chronicling the drought affecting much of the south, innovation in “green” construction and building design and advances in biotechnology.