Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- LePage: State Should Consider Giving Up on Riverview Certification
That very British voice you've begun hearing on Maine Things Considered belongs to our newest reporter, Tom Porter, who comes to us after a prior stint as a reporter at WVTF-FM, a public radio station in Roanoke, Virgina.
A native of Birmingham, England, Tom comes from a family of British journalists. He worked for nearly eight years at Bloomberg Television and Radio in London as a reporter and news producer. He is also trained jazz pianist. Tom has a bachelor's degree from the University of London and a master's degree from Kings College in London.
Tom has a strong background in environmental reporting, chronicling the drought affecting much of the south, innovation in “green” construction and building design and advances in biotechnology.