Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Group Sues over Maine Wildlife Department's Role in Bear Hunting Campaign
- Maine GOP Chair: News Release Headline 'Inappropriate'
- Maine Gov. LePage Does an About-Face on Debates
- Portland's Famed Kotzschmar Organ Sings Again after $2.5 Million Restoration
- A Portland Sculptor Talks Art on Sex Lines in New Exhibit
That very British voice you've begun hearing on Maine Things Considered belongs to our newest reporter, Tom Porter, who comes to us after a prior stint as a reporter at WVTF-FM, a public radio station in Roanoke, Virgina.
A native of Birmingham, England, Tom comes from a family of British journalists. He worked for nearly eight years at Bloomberg Television and Radio in London as a reporter and news producer. He is also trained jazz pianist. Tom has a bachelor's degree from the University of London and a master's degree from Kings College in London.
Tom has a strong background in environmental reporting, chronicling the drought affecting much of the south, innovation in “green” construction and building design and advances in biotechnology.