Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- Colbert Pokes Fun at LePage's Concerns over Unaccompanied Children
Thu July 3, 2014
Augusta Postpones July 4 Fireworks as Rain Looms
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) _ Maine's capital city will move its Independence Day fireworks display to Aug. 2 because of expected bad weather.
The Kennebec Journal reports all of Augusta's other July 4 activities are still scheduled to take place. Those events include the Old Fort Western Independence Day Celebration from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the parade at 4 p.m.
The National Weather Service says there is a 70 percent chance of rain on Friday night. Rain and thunderstorms are also possible during the day.