Most Active Stories
- Maine Teen Seeks to Honor Dogs Who Died Defending the Nation
- Maine Gov Clashes With Attorney General Over Pay Increases, AG's Role
- State Scrambles to Save Old Town Pulp Mill, 200 Jobs
- Pentagon Considers Site Near Rangeley for Missile Facility
- Long Waits for Maine DHHS Services Blamed on Staff Shortages, Department Overhaul
Thu July 3, 2014
Augusta Postpones July 4 Fireworks as Rain Looms
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) _ Maine's capital city will move its Independence Day fireworks display to Aug. 2 because of expected bad weather.
The Kennebec Journal reports all of Augusta's other July 4 activities are still scheduled to take place. Those events include the Old Fort Western Independence Day Celebration from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the parade at 4 p.m.
The National Weather Service says there is a 70 percent chance of rain on Friday night. Rain and thunderstorms are also possible during the day.