Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
Sun July 13, 2014
Elderly Hit and Run Victim Dies
SACO, Maine (AP) _ An elderly Maine woman who was critically injured in a hit-and-run crash in June has died in the hospital where she was being treated for her injuries.
A Maine Medical Center official says 87-year-old Jewell Friedman of Saco died early Saturday morning.
Police say Friedman was walking her dog on June 21 when a pickup truck hit her and then drove off. The Portland Press Herald reports that 45-year-old Leo Paul Bedard of Saco was arrested two days on later on a charge of leaving the scene of the accident after police received a tip.
He's being held on the felony charge and previous charges including driving after a license suspension, failing to appear in court and violating the conditions of release.