Most Active Stories
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Online Hate Site Attracting Relatively High Proportion of Mainers
- Don't Fire The Comcast Guy, Says Caller Who Tried To Cancel
Sun July 13, 2014
Gray Man Killed in Plane Crash
A 52 year old pilot was killed when his plane crashed shortly after take off from the airport in the York County town of Limington Saturday afternoon.
Clarke Tate of Gray was the only occupant in the single engine, 1942 Culver LFA two-seater plane.
Witnesses said they saw the plane take off, bank sharply and then go down. The wreckage was located about 200 yards from the runway.
The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are expected to conduct an investigation Sunday.