Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
Tue July 8, 2014
Hundreds Still Without Power in Maine
MACHIAS, Maine (AP) _ More than 500 Emera Maine customers are without electricity in northern Maine as the utility continues to repair its systems after weekend storms.
Emera Maine said Tuesday that 465 of the outages are in Washington County. The rest are in Aroostook and Hancock counties.
A spokeswoman for the utility says that power is expected to be restored to all of Hancock County by Tuesday night. Customers in Washington County are expected to regain power by Wednesday at midnight.
She said additional customers in Aroostook County lost power Tuesday when workers removed a tree from a power line.
Customers can report outages by calling 207-973-2020 or 855-363-7211.