Most Active Stories
- Horror of Deadly Portland Fire Haunts Neighbors, City Officials
- Maine Group Launches Statewide Campaign to Legalize Marijuana
- Morning Edition Weather Forecasts to Air at New Time
- Appeals Court Sides with Feds in Medicaid Dispute with Maine
- USM Student Protests Disrupt University System Board Meeting
Mon July 14, 2014
Innovation in the Maine Economy — Part 2
This morning, a look at what innovation looked like in the 19th century. Our guide is Howard Segal, a history professor at the University of Maine. He wrote an essay for the current Maine Policy Review in which he pointed out Maine's economy that century was much more complex than people give it credit for.
Next week, a look ahead at the skills Maine needs to innovate in the 21st century.