Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
Mon July 14, 2014
Innovation in the Maine Economy — Part 2
This morning, a look at what innovation looked like in the 19th century. Our guide is Howard Segal, a history professor at the University of Maine. He wrote an essay for the current Maine Policy Review in which he pointed out Maine's economy that century was much more complex than people give it credit for.
Next week, a look ahead at the skills Maine needs to innovate in the 21st century.