Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- LePage: State Should Consider Giving Up on Riverview Certification
Murder for hire
Mon July 14, 2014
Maine Woman Not Contesting Murder-For-Hire Try
DOVER-FOXCROFT, Maine (AP) _ A Maine woman is not contesting charges she tried to hire someone to kill her husband and has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
WABI-TV reports Monday that Wendy Farley of Brownville entered an Alford plea to charges of criminal solicitation for allegedly offering someone several thousand dollars to kill her husband of 30 years in September 2012. The plea means she is admitting the evidence is sufficient for a potential conviction.
The judge accepted a plea deal. Farley will serve 10 years with all but 120 days suspended.
Farley has been free on bail since originally pleading not guilty.