Most Active Stories
- Maine Teen Seeks to Honor Dogs Who Died Defending the Nation
- Maine Gov Clashes With Attorney General Over Pay Increases, AG's Role
- State Scrambles to Save Old Town Pulp Mill, 200 Jobs
- Long Waits for Maine DHHS Services Blamed on Staff Shortages, Department Overhaul
- Birthday Gift for Maine Bridge: An Opera
Your Vote 2014
Mon July 14, 2014
Poliquin Raises $281,000 Post Primary
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) _ Bruce Poliquin, the Republican seeking Maine's 2nd Congressional District seat, has raised more than $280,000 in the first reporting period after the primary election.
Poliquin's campaign said Monday that it will report that it raised $281,205 in the 20 days following the primary on June 10.
His campaign says that the former state treasurer has more about $291,500 cash-on-hand as it heads into next stretch of the race.
Poliquin received a $5,000 donation, the maximum amount allowed, from Republican Sen. Susan Collins' political action committee, Dirigo PAC.
Democrat candidate Emily Cain's campaign says it plans to release its fundraising figures on Tuesday, when they are due to the Federal Election Commission.