Most Active Stories
- Extending Unemployment Benefits: Maine Delegation on Board
- Progressive Vision Thrusts Maine Business Owner into National Spotlight
- Viability of Cutler Campaign Questioned in Wake of Finance Reports
- Michaud Campaign Intern Suspended After Twitter Rants
- Maine-Inspired Works Featured in Wyeth Retrospective
Sat July 12, 2014
Three Lobsters Set Free As Canadian Season Closes
NOVA SCOTIA (CP)_ A seafood shop in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, plans to do something unusual with three highly unusual lobsters.
Terry Ashford, manager of the Seafood Shop in Glace Bay, says the lobsters will be set free on Sunday _ the end of the lobster fishingseason.
Two of the rare crustaceans are orange in colour _ the third has a third claw.
Ashford says the release will be a goodwill gesture that will include a brief ceremony for the local children.